Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Boo-vie awards - Movies that get the book wrong, wrong, wrong!

Which movies just don't get the book right.
Let's start with:
Movies that change the ending of those books you have to read for class.....
A Clockwork Orange (1971)- Okay, I guess I can't give all the REAL endings away but I will let you know that Burgess's message on the effects of domestic bliss are definitely changed in the movie version.
The Scarlet Letter (1995)- I can't even begin to tell you where Demi Moore gets this one wrong.
I Am Legend (2007) - Classic Post-apocalyptic novel by Richard Matheson is redone in every way - in fact fans of the movie claim that the movie is great but shouldn't share the same title as the book!
These are the worst offenders, but there are many more out there.
Share which movies should be skipped if you want to know how the book ends!

No comments: